Thursday, July 9, 2009



Dear Andy:




I've been a bad mommy-blogger lately. It's been kind of stressful at work, but don't think for one second that I haven't been enjoying every new thing you do, and you do something new every day. You've started waving "hi!" to both people and inanimate objects, and you've taken to trying to stand on your head. This concerns me but you are a strong and limber little dude, so I'm guessing you'll be ok. Should I sign you up for gymnastics class like your Aunt Melissa? You also try to turn everything you can find into a hat and announce it to us. But I must say that there is truly nothing on this earth sweeter than hearing you exlaim "Mama! Dada!" when you find something interesting and want to share it with us.




Your favorite thing these days are trucks and trains. You talk trains all the time (or "choo choos" as you call them) and you spend countless hours driving your trucks and cars on the floor, on tables, on windowsills, and on me. Two weeks ago we visited "Totter's Otterville," a place that I feared would be frighteningly reminiscent of Chucky Cheese (which I've never actually been to but fear nonetheless) but it was a very fun place with lots of trains for you to play with. You insisted on riding the train ride three times, and thankfully the gentlemen tasked with driving said minature train didn't seem to mind our venturing out on his little journey over and over and over.




Well buddy, I wish I had something more interesting to write about. More soon, I promise!

3 comments:

  1. If you're in NC anytime soon, try the trains in Spencer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - sign the little guy up for gymnastics (some places of mommy and me classes) and then by the time he's 12 he'll be much better than me and I can take free lessons from him!

    ReplyDelete